Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A little bit about me…..(a few days late)

Here are a few things about me!  I’m a few days late to the party, but better late than never, right?  I have been working in my room with no AC so when I get home I am drained!

Here ya go!

1.  I am married to Stephen and we have been married for 10 years.  We met 12 years ago.   He lived in Michigan and my sister took a mission trip to his church 13 years ago.  When she got back and I was looking at her pictures, I saw Stephen and I said “Who is that?”  Well, a year later when I decided to go and visit my cousin in Ohio, she decided to introduce us.  The rest is history.  We went on our first date in Dayton, Ohio.  The date lasted all day and we went back out again the next day.  We dated long distance.  We got engaged a year into our relationship. 

wedding

June 14, 2003

2.  My husband proposed to me at this lighthouse in Mackinac, Michigan.  Right there on that porch!

old_mackinac_point_LH_Mackinaw_City__MI

3.  I have a fur baby that in my opinion (I may be biased) is the cutest little thing on this earth!!!  Her name is Sippi, named after Mississippi State which is the husband’s alumni.  We got her for Christmas in 2007 from my sister.  BEST Christmas present EVER!! 

IMG_0052

IMG_2709

4.  I love my family.  LOVE them!!!  We are all very close.  (not in distance, but in our hearts)

IMG_3898

5.  Speaking of family, I have the best 2 sisters that anyone could ask for!! 

IMG_6872

We are all teachers.  My Bahama sister teaches at Windermere HS in Eleuthera and my other sister teaches Kinder. 

6.  My sister on the left lives in the Bahamas.  She and her husband are missionaries there.

20130810_070052 (1)

7.  I teach 1st Grade.  This is my 6th year to teach 1st.  Before that, I taught 3rd Grade for 6 years.  I LOVE 1st and never want to go back to 3rd again!! :)

IMAG0623

(Classroom last year)

8.  I believe I have the BEST team ever!!!  We work together so well. We even took a trip together this summer.

100th day fun

9.  I love my in laws to pieces!!  They are the BEST!!

photo (24)

10.  I love, love, love REALITY TV!!  Bachelor/Bachelorette, Big Brother, Whodunnit, The Voice, that’s all I can think of right now!! 

No comments: