Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet the Teacher....

I'm linking up with Cara at the First Grade Parade (which is a WoNdErFuL blog by the way!)....




About me......I am 34 years old. I am OCD, impatient, I love dogs, love to travel.....I have been married nearly 8 years to the best hubby around! He is 5 years older than me. We were introduced by my baby sis. She had gone on a mission trip and just happened to be at his churchh. She introduced us and the rest as they say is history! :) eI have a 3 year old child, I mean, cockapoo! She brings such joy to us, especially since we have been dealing with infertility. We have been trying to conceive since 2005. We have been to doctor after doctor, 3 IUI's, clomid, you name it, we've tried it. Everything except IVF. That is a last resort for us. I know the Lord intends for us to be parents, but it's all in His timing. We have faith that it will happen one day.

I graduated in May 2000 with my Bachelor of Science Interdisciplinary Studies from SFA in Nacogdoches. I have been teaching 9 years:
  • August 2000-May 2003: 3rd Grade in a small East Texas school
  • Insert getting married here, moving to Alabama, substituted for 2 years
  • August 2005-May 2007: got my same exact job back as before, teaching 3rd grade in the same exact classroom, how cool is that???
  • August 2007 to present: Hubby got job in Dallas area, I got a teaching job here too! Taught 3rd grade the first year and then 1st grade ever since.

I heart my firsties! I can't imagine ever teaching any other grade!!

I couldn't figure out how to copy /paste the Q & A, but I'll answer a few questions!

I originally wanted to be a nurse. I was a sophomore in college when I felt God leading me to become a teacher. You all, teaching was not what I originally wanted to do. I can't imagine now doing anything else! There are days I think, "I really get paid to do this? I love it so!" And then there are days I think, "I better get paid for THIS!" LOL I heart teaching!!

My guilty pleasures: reality TV, Mexican food, Dr. Pepper....just to name a few!

One random fact about me: I LOVE cruising! I would cruise once a month if I could afford it!!! Love it!

4 comments:

Janae said...

I love cruising too! I’ve only gone on one (to Mexico), but I would love to go all the time! :) Great to meet you!

Unknown said...

Girl, I am so with you about cruising!!!!! I'm addicted!
And as far as teaching goes, firsties are of course, the best! :)

http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Stacey said...

We are cruising to the Caribbean this summer. Last summer we cruised to Alaska. I heart Alaska! If you've never cruised there, you have to!! :)

Cara Carroll said...

Awww, girl. I'll be praying for you. I know how frustrating it is to try for babies. We struggled with infertility for a while and when I finally let go of all hope, we got pregnant. You're right...all in God's timing. Loved getting to read about you! Thanks for playing! Nice to "meet" you!

Cara:)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com