Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 1---day of achilles surgery

I am doing this to document for myself! Lol

5:00 woke up, got ready
5:15 left for Baylor Hospital--Dallas
5:50 arrive
6:00 register
6:30 get dressed "hospital style"--/lovely backless dress!!! Ha!
6:45 IV time

7ish Dr comes in, marks my foot where incision will be; giving doctor's orders; then anesthesiologist comes in, tells me about infusion pump that will numb my foot for two days (glorious!!)
7:30 walk to OR(it was weird to WALK to OR!!)
Infusion pump installed....and it HURT!
They rolled me over, put me to sleep, and then opened me up. I had bone fragments floating around! Yuck! Detached achilles, sawed off huge chunk of bone, reattached achilles, sewed me up, put splint on, rolled me to recovery.
10ish--i wake up! Stephen comes back to recovery room. It's DR PEPPER TIME!!! Yippeee!!!
Then I go home!!!!

This surgery went so much better than the one in 2010 on the other foot! My dr was awesome!!! Dr Royer at Baylor is the bomb!!!

The only trouble I am having is sore throat. The tube bruised the back of my throat really bad. So I am drinking lots of water. Which is making me have to go to bathroom. Alot. Which is not easy! Lol
Here I am on my way home:
And here I am at home with a very protective doggie:
That's it for today!!! 

No comments: