Sunday, October 3, 2010

it doesn't pay to have an ego.....

My original doctor messed up. in a BIG way. I have 3 infections (staph, strep, and one more I can't remember) in my foot. You know, after 3 months of a wound not healing, there has to be an underlying cause. We found out what that was. He didn't even culture it. He was quite piturbed that I would have the audacity to get a 2nd opinion. I'm so thankful I did. Now I am on 2 different antibiotics, one for 2 weeks and one for 4 weeks. I can tell you now that it is miserable to take that much antibiotics!!! I have been super sick.

So.......I planned on going back to school October 12th. I'll find out tomorrow if that is possible. I sure hope so. I miss teaching, my kiddos, my co-workers, being in control of MY classroom, etc! :) I am too much of a control freak! I have had some wonderful subs, don't get me wrong. It's just not the same. My name is on the line w/ these kiddos! If they do poorly on an assessment, it is my name in mud!

That's pretty much all that's happening for now. I go to the doctor and the physical therapist each week. That is my life for now. I feel like I have turned into an old woman! I'm trying to get back to doing laundry, cooking, shopping for groceries, things you definitely take for granted. I don't think I'll ever take the day to day things for granted again. God has definitely taught me a thing or two during all of this. But that is a whole other story! Once this is all over, I will explain all the things I have learned from Him.

No comments: